ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF SOCIAL SECRETARY
The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in the Islamic Republic of Iran is seeking application to fill the following position;
Position Title: Social Secretary
The position is on contract basis of 12 months renewable annually if the applicant demonstrates satisfactory competency. This also includes 6 months’ probation. The successful applicant shall be subject to the Kenya Embassy’s terms and conditions of service, as well as applicable labor laws and regulations of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Chancery, the Social Secretary shall perform the following duties and responsibilities;
1. Agenda management and Social Secretary to the Embassy
2. Responsible for Protocol matters and contacts with Iranian government Ministries, Departments and Agencies
3. Handling and translating diplomatic notes and other official correspondence
4. Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
5. Manage incoming and outgoing visitors’ programme
6. Perform a wide range of Administrative support activities for the Embassy
7. Assist with event organization eg. National Days
8. Extending invitations on behalf of the Embassy by telephone, fax and/or email
9. Any other tasks as entrusted from time to time.
1. Experience in office administration
2. Computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel and other related programmes
3. Excellent organisational skills
4. Good self-management, interpersonal and communication skills
5. Ability to build rapport with a range of people
6. Fluent in English and Farsi (written and spoken)
7. Ability to adapt to a different cultural environment and to changing responsibilities
8. Recommendation for exemplary work performance (If any)
Applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), references and copy of recommendations, education certificate/s and any other relevant documents should reach the Kenya Embassy, no later than 16th June, 2021.
The application may be delivered via e-mail to the following address: Send Scanned copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail should be marked “Social Secretary”. Female candidate preferred. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications will not be returned. The Embassy of Kenya retains the right to contact references directly.
Tests of language proficiency may be performed by the Embassy as part of the interview process.
About us read on http://kenyaembassytehran.ir
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
No. 21, Sarv Street. (Upper than Mirdamad) Vali-e-Asr Avenue.