The government of the Republic of Kenya has fully automated the issuance of visa with effect from January 1, 2021.
In this regard, all passengers travelling to Kenya from countries that require visas to enter Kenya (including Iranian citizens) shall be required to apply and obtain e-visa before boarding an aircraft as no visas will be issued on arrival.
Visa applications are processed through the new electronic visa processing system eVisa (www.evisa.go.ke)
The Following exceptions apply:
- Exemption from visa:
- Children under 16 years and below (Note: this exemption does not apply to the East Africa tourist visa).
- Persons whose passport is endorsed with a valid Kenyan work permit or re-entry pass.
- Holders of Laissez-Passer issued by UN, IMF and World Bank while travelling to Kenya on official business for the organization.
Eligibility. Do you qualify to apply? Click here to check
TYPES OF VISAS:
- Single Entry Visa
- Multiple Entry Visa
- Courtesy/Diplomatic Visa
- Transit Visa
- East Africa Visa
- Five (5) years Visa
- Referred Visa
How do I Apply?
- Go to evisa.go.ke and click on create eVisa account.
- Once logged in, Select Department of Immigration Services.
- Select Submit Application.
- Select Kenyan Visa.
- Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay Using visa card, MasterCard or other debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Visa processing fee is non-refundable.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The possession of an eVisa is not the final Authority to enter The Republic of Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offense.
- A visa is required prior to entry into The Republic of Kenya.
- The eVisa printout must be presented at the port of entry.