ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF EMBASSY RECEPTIONIST
The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in the Islamic Republic of Iran is seeking to employ a qualified person for the position of Embassy Receptionist (One (1) position). The employment is on contractual basis of 12 months (One Year) renewable annually if the applicant demonstrates satisfactory competency. This includes 6 months’ probation
period. The successful applicant shall be subject to the Kenya Embassy’s terms and conditions of service, as well as applicable labour laws and regulations of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Chancery, the Receptionist shall perform the following duties and responsibilities;
1. Telephone Operator– Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls
2. Receiving, sorting daily mail and distributing correspondence
3. Receiving visitors at the front desk
4. Provide basic and accurate information in–person and via phone/email
5. Perform other receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and transcribing
6. Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
7. Order office supplies and keep records of expenses and costs
8. Responsible for receiving and facilitating payment of all bills related to the residence and Chancery through Financial Attaché
9. Facilitating the Social Security Documents for all local staff and translation of the same after payment, every month
10. Assisting on visa issues and guiding on the e–visa application procedures
11. Perform any other additional duties assigned depending on the exigencies of work.
1. Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
2. Excellent command of both oral and written English and Farsi
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Set
4. Communication and Typing skills
5. Hands–on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
6. Professional attitude and appearance
7. Dependable, punctual and able to work in flexible working hours if required
8. Highest level of school and professional certificates
9. Recommendation for exemplary work performance (If any).
Applicants should submit letter of application and attach curriculum vitae (with a passport size photo), copies of academic and professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials to the email:
Applications should reach the Kenya Embassy by close of business on 2nd June, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview during, which they will be required to produce originals of the required documents.